Northwick Park Primary Academy recognises that all children are creative individuals with a need to succeed. Therefore we respect the individual needs of our children in a caring and creative enviroment that empowerers everybodies social,emotional,physical and intellectual development.
The School’s Aims are:
- To value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our school family.
- To promote British Values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the school and wider communities.
- To nurture and support all children, helping every child to achieve his or her potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
- To ensure excellence in teaching and learning within a high quality learning environment, through strong leadership and within all aspects of school life.
- To equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and learners for life within an ever-changing world.
- To provide the full breadth of the National Curriculum with emphasis on the basic skills of English, mathematics, science and computing.
Northwick Park was originally a separate Infant and Junior School that amalgamated in September 2006. The school based nursery opened in September 1996. The breakfast and after school club opened in September 2003. This facility is run by the school and has expanded to include a holiday club and full day care for children aged two and over. Approximately half of the pupils enter by qualifying for two year old funding. These extended services are open from 7.15 am to 6.00 pm, 51 weeks of the year. Internal remodelling will ensure the school will be able to offer the 30 funded hours for all qualifying 3 and 4 year olds from September 2017.