Adult vs Child Challenge
Adult v child challenges
This has been set up by our Sports Partnership and I think the children will really enjoy it. They love it when we get involved!
- Linking jumps – How many jumps can you link together in 10 seconds? You can choose from: Straight jump, tuck jump, star jump, pike jump, straddle jump, jump ½ turn and jump full turn.
- Rock backwards and forwards to stand – How many can you do in 30 seconds?
- Balance on one leg – Close your eyes and time how long you can hold it for.
- Lever hold – Hold for as long as possible on a bench or a chair from a sitting position. As soon as drop, time stops.
- Z-shape hold – Toilet roll against the wall, knees against the toilet roll – z shape, bottom lifted off heels, finger tips to wall, arms parallel with shoulders. Hold as long as possible.
- Shuttle runs – 6 metre distance. Markers at 0, 2, 4 and 6 metres. A point is scored for each marker touched. Touch them and back to start. Do them in order i.e. run to 2 metres and back, then to 4 metres and back, then to 6 metres and back then repeat. 30 seconds time limit.
- Squat jumps – Feet shoulder width apart, bend at the knees, bottom in line with knees. Strong upwards jump, land softly into next squat. 30 seconds time limit.
- Skipping – Skip with a rope or hoop on the spot for 30 seconds. How many can you do?
- Press ups – Hands shoulder width apart, keep back flat, lower nose to floor. Half or full. How many can you do in 30 seconds?
- Plank – Shoulders over elbows, flat back. Hold as long as possible.
1) Toe taps – How many can you do in 30 seconds?
2) Keepy uppies – How many can you do in 3o seconds?
3) Wall pass – Kick the ball continuously against the wall. How many can you do in 30 seconds?
4) Triangle shuttle runs – Make a triangle with objects 2metres apart. Dribble the ball around the left object and back, repeat with the right. How many can you do in 30 seconds?
5) Chipping the ball – Mark a distance 1 metre from your object. Chip the ball over the object without touching it. Keep adding more height. How high can you go?