Nursery & Busy Bears Club
Northwick Park Nursery opened in September 1996. The Nursery is staffed by a qualified teacher and nursery nurse, with an adult ratio of 13:1. It is run under the direct management of Northwick Park Primary Academy and a partnership with parents is seen as essential.
Terms and holidays are usually in line with the primary school.
Daily sessions are
Nursery daily program
Everything at Northwick Park Nursery is carefully planned to inspire children to enjoy learning.
8.30-9.00 – Flexible entrance time and free play.
9.00-9.30 – registration and teaching input.
9.30-10.45 – Discovery Play.
10.45-11.00 – Tidy up routine and story/song time
11.00-11.25 – Snack time
11.30 – Home time
12.30 – 1.00 – Entrance time and free play.
1.00 – 1.30 – Registration and teaching input.
1.30 - 2.30- – Discovery Play.
2.30 – 2.45 – Tidy up routine and story/song time
2.45 – 3.00 – Snack time
3.00 -3.30 – Flexible Hometime and various activities
Our Nursery has:
Purpose built building with –
- Bright play areas and adjoining toilets
- A secure outdoor play area with soft play surfaces and large apparatus.
- A fully functioning kitchen for preparing snack and children’s cooking.
The settling in period is a very important time in Nursery for your child. We will try hard to make the transfer from home to Nursery a happy experience. Parents are welcome to bring their child into the room and spend as much time as necessary settling their child. Each child will be allocated a Key Worker within their first week who will be responsible for building a supportive relationship with your child and recording their achievements.
Bringing and collecting:
- All children must be accompanied to and from school by a responsible adult.
- It is important that childnre are dropped off and collected on time as they will become anxious if you are late.
- Please inform us in advance if there will be someone new collecting your child.