English Summer 1
* Write a newspaper report for the Daily Prophet about ‘The Muggle World’ being on Lockdown.
* Write a non-chronological report about owls. Subheadings could include –
- Numbers/ threats to existence etc.
* Continue working through Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Book.
* Assignments set up on Spelling Shed.
Reading Activity for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- The author has more than a little bit of fun with names in this story. For example, the Professor of Herbology is Professor Sprout, and even the authors of the textbooks Harry must study are puns and riddles. Can you find other examples of this wordplay and show how the names reflect the characteristics of their owners? What about names that are the opposite of what you'd expect? — For example, the huge, terrifying three-headed dog named Fluffy? What effect do you think the author achieves with this name?