English Summer 3
African Tinga Tinga project
Watch Tinga Tinga Tales on BBC iplayer, see link below if viewing online
Choose your favourite story then:
- Create a story map, adding key vocabulary if you can
- Retell the story using actions and key vocabulary
- Plan your own African Tinga Tinga tale
- Design characters in the same African style
- Write your story
- Produce as a mini book
- Read to your family
- Maybe you could film yourself reading your own book
Born Free English
Visit https://www.bornfree.org.uk/learn-at-home and try their activity packs – you don’t need to print these – can you answer the questions from the English pack?
African Travel Guide
Try and create a holiday brochure/guide for an African country. Use https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zgmn34j to help you find out information.
African Pen pal Letters
Watch https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zgmn34j Can you write a letter to Evangaline? Make sure you tell her about yourself as well as asking her questions about herself. Remember not to give personal details and to use the school’s address.