English Summer 4
Create a brochure advertising your theme park. How will you persuade your reader to visit your park?
Think about headings and sub-headings that will grab the reader’s attention.
Make sure your brochure is informative as well as bright and colourful!
Imagine you have visited your theme park. Can you write a review to tell us all about the fantastic time you had?
- Grab the reader’s attention with an exciting opening sentence.
- Write in first person; from your own viewpoint, using the pronoun I
- Give details about key events from the day
- Use time connectives
- Use adjectives and adverbs to add detail
- Use a rounding off sentence to signal the ending of your review – would you recommend that we visit?
Challenge: can you upgrade the words fun, like and fast and use them in your review?
Will your Theme Park have a mascot? Can you design a mascot for your park – use interesting words to write a character description – if you have a thesaurus or can access one on-line can you upgrade some of your descriptive words?
Try the Summer English activity pack.