Free School Meals Ks1
As you are aware, all children in Reception, Year One and Year Two are now entitled to a free school meal every day
For the past few years all schools have received additional funding based on the number of pupils who are eligible for free school meals. This funding is used to enhance the education for all the children and has been used to pay for:
Additional Teachers in all year groups.
Additional Learning Support Assistants in all year groups.
Subsidising all school trips.
New play equipment
School Counsellor (Bonnie)
After School Clubs
English and Maths Resources.
Payment to visitors to enhance the curriculum, e.g. Theatre Groups.
To enable this additional funding to continue we still need to know if pupils would be eligible to receive free school meals. We are therefore asking you to continue to register through the office. The current criteria is:
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Only if you receive one of the above benefits, should you follow this link and complete the online application form.
Please note that if you are not in receipt of one of the listed benefits and wish to apply your application will be refused.