Free School Meals Ks1
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal everyday. It is still very important that we know of any children who would be eligible. Children in Reception,Year 1 and Year 2 who are eligible and registered to receive free school meals will be allocated £100.00 credit (once a year)with Busy Bears. This can be used for payment to attend breakfast, after school or holiday club. They are also entitled to free school trips.
PLEASE ASK AT THE SCHOOL OFFICE IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOUR CHILD IS ENTITLED TO RECEIVE THEIR £100.00 CREDIT AT BUSY BEARSAND FREE SCHOOL TRIPS.
Should I apply?
You should only apply for Free School Meals if you receive one of these benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Only if you receive one of the above benefits, should you follow this link and complete the online application form.
Please note that if you are not in receipt of one of the listed benefits and wish to apply your application will be refused.