Northwick Park made an application for Healthy School’s status and were successful! We will be attending an official presentation at the end of March 2017. In order to achieve this award we had to meet a wide range of criteria, including:
- Recognising the importance of health and wellbeing of both staff and children
- Working in partnership with health and improvement services
- Employing strategies for preventing and tackling all types of bullying
- Providing opportunities to develop e-safety knowledge
- Recognising the importance and value of PSHE
- Providing opportunities for pupils to explore feelings, build self- esteem and resilience.
- Ensuring that the majority of pupils take up the opportunity of at least one additional hour of school sport each week
- Providing opportunities to learn about food, balanced diet and practical skills
- Providing opportunities for pupils to contribute, take on responsibility and participate in decision making across the school
- Ensuring teachers and external agencies work together
The next stage for us as a school is to apply for ‘Enhanced Healthy Schools Status’. Over the next year we have set targets and we will be monitoring their impact:
Menus that have been nutrionally balanced are available to all children and staff with plenty of alternatives being made available for all needs and preferences.
Christmas Dinner Menu
Ks1 Wednesday 13 Dec and Ks2 14 Dec Menu is available to view or download