Helping your child
How can I help my child at HOME?
The most important influence on your child’s learning throughout the nursery year is actually what you do together at home.
- Talk about Nursery in a positive manner.
- Talk with your child about each Nursery topic.
- Encourage your child to talk about their day.
- Encourage interest in books
- Share stories together and discuss the pictures.
- Sing nursery rhymes together.
- Talk with your child about colours of clothes etc.
- Take every opportunity to count with your child.
- Teach your child to put on and take off their coat.
- Encourage your child to look after their toys and share when opportunities arise.
- Encourage independent toileting and hand washing.