Y4 Online Safety Summer 1
Activities for 8-10
- Watch Play Like Share, Episode 1
- Find Play Like Share at www.thinkuknow.co.uk/8_10/watch
Click the image to use the link
- Watch Episode 1: Block Him Right Good, Alfie with your child.
- Use the following questions to chat about the cartoon:
- What did you think? What did you like about Play Like Share?
- What different things do Sam, Ellie and Alfie do online? [E.g. make videos, talk to people, learn to sing, share their songs]
- What problem did Alfie face at the beginning of the cartoon? [Another gamer messaged Alfie, asking to game with him. Alfie said no as he had to go to school]
- How did the gamer make Alfie feel? [Happy at first and then uncomfortable and worried when he started making threats]
- What did Alfie do when he realised something wasn’t right? [Didn’t reply. Told a trusted adult, his mum. Blocked the gamer. Reported to the website.]
- What happened when Selfie’s video was made public? How did it make them feel? [People they didn’t know wrote nasty or strange comments. Received links to adverts. They felt worried and uncomfortable.]
Activity 2: Design a poster for Selfie
Ask your child to create a poster for Sam, Ellie and Alfie’s new band Selfie. Encourage them to come up with a design that shows off each character’s talents and personality.
We’d love to see your work! If you would like to share a photo of your child’s picture. Artwork only please! Do not share your child’s name or personal information, or any pictures of your child.
Thinkuknow is the online safety education programme from the National Crime Agency. Once a fortnight, On Tuesdays, we will produce an activity sheet to help you support your child while schools are partially closed.
You’ll find lots of support and advice for parents and carers on keeping your child safe online at: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/